Monday, March 30, 2020

CAN WE STALK?

By his own admission, my last celly at MCC was a stalker. According to him, he was beefing back and forth on either email or texting with a girl, and at one point threatened "I don't care if you call the police. I'm going to come over there and stick a gun up your ass." I didn't see him as the kind of person who would actually make good on that threat. But a female judge who had herself been stalked, saw it differently - to the tune of a 37 month sentence. Charley (not his real name) was upfront about his charge. He was man enough to divulge at least some of the truths behind his incarceration. 

Not so with a bunky I'll call Chris (because that was his name). He pretended to be an inside trader. But I sensed it was bull shit. First, he knew nothing about the stock market. That struck me as odd. How do you get busted for insider trading and know nothing about equities? It didn't make sense.

Second, he was in for a 2 year probation bid after having served 8 on the original charge. Nobody serves that long for a crime of that nature unless his name is Madoff or Milken. I would have heard of any Wall Streeter who got hit with such a lengthy bid. 

And last, he served most of his time at Devens, which is a federal facility known for housing sex offenders.

Discovering Chris's true crimes wasn't that easy on Google - unless you wanted to pay. And I'm way too cheap and/or not interested enough for that. But today, I dug a little deeper than before and found some information without having to ante up. 

The dude was charged with illegal surveillance, not properly registering as a sex offender, and violating a restraining order.  Which to me sounds like he was taping somebody getting undressed, hadn't kept up on the paperwork pursuant to a sex offense he'd committed previously, and got too near the object of his surveillance. Add it all up and the guy wasn't just a sex offender - but a stalker as well. 

Fucking Gertrude (the name I used to call him). I knew it! Inside trader my ass. He was such a creepy guy. Gertrude made my skin crawl. Now that I know what he did to get his last 2 years locked up (the aforementioned charges had only to do with his probation violation and not his original charge), I can only imagine what he did to get his first 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment