Sunday, May 24, 2020

BITTER SWEET IRONY/MIRACLE OF MIRACLES

Curious as to why Trinity Church suddenly obtained enough funding to hire two new full time employees, I inquired therein to discover that almost the entire soup kitchen and pantry program is a government-funded operation and moreover, the money I'm being paid comes from a special Covid era federal grant.

So let me get this straight: The "people" take 2/3 of my life savings and then after I've volunteered thousands of hours of my time to feed the poor and homeless, it rewards me with a $20/hour job? Doesn't strike me as a huge concession. 

Of course, I joke here. My new job has nothing to do with my imprisonment nor forfeiture of I don't even want to tell you how much money - and everything to do with my volunteerism. It's simply coincidence that the same entity that bought itself thousands of machine guns with my hard-earned cash is now giving a tiny fraction of it back. 

On the "if you don't succeed, try, try again/miracle of miracles" front, I declared a national holiday yesterday after (drum roll) receiving my long-lost commissary money from the federal government in my snail mail box. I feared it was a second stimulus payment (I already received that payment via direct deposit) until I opened the envelope and saw how much the check was for. 1317 smackeroos I wasn't sure I'd ever see. It was exactly the amount due me from my commissary account. And it only took 6 months to finally get the prison to give me my own money! Will wonders never cease?




1 comment:

  1. The reason it took so long is probably because they stole it, betting that most would rather forget their experience and anything associated with it. Then they ran up against you and they were forced to pony up what they assumed woud be an easy take...

    ReplyDelete